“Great salespeople occupy the ground they walk on,” shared Kevin O’Leary during his keynote at DRIVE 2015. This was just one of the sales insights from multi-million dollar entrepreneur and venture capitalist, Kevin O’Leary, a.k.a. Mr. Wonderful. The Shark Tank star delivered a motivational and inspirational keynote, and as a salesperson, I listened wholeheartedly to his insights on what makes you great in sales.
If you didn’t get a chance to experience it, here’s a look at the highlights from Kevin O’Leary’s views on the attributes of a great salesperson.
- Great salespeople occupy the ground they walk on. If you want to be successful, you need to walk into a room and let everyone know you’re there. Present yourself in a way that commands respect.
- They don’t pursue those who won’t close. Recognize that you can’t close every sale, so know when to walk away.
- Great salespeople are not nice, but they are kind. Be honest with what you can provide, and don’t be afraid to say that your product is not a good fit when it isn’t.
- Always, always, always be honest and truthful. Once you are caught in a lie when speaking to a buyer, your credibility is gone. They will never trust you again.
- Great salespeople like themselves, but love what they sell. Believe in what you are selling. Otherwise, how are you going to convince a buyer to spend their money on your product?
- Great salespeople consistently hit their targets. You may not be the top sales guy, but with consistency, you allow the management team to have accurate projections.
Check out the full infographic!